Woohoo, I made the transition to my new website host!
I know it doesn’t look THAT different at first glance, but if you go through the pages, you’ll see that they’ve been smoothed and cleaned up, and generally prettified. I just love the way it looks and I hope you like it too! Of course there’s still work to be done, and if you come across any broken links or other glitches, I’d be very grateful if you could mention them in the comments or send me an email.
I also added an explanation on the “Southern Hemisphere” and “Northern Hemisphere” differentiation of the “13 Moons – A Goddess Journey Through The Year” course. People were getting confused so I explained that the lessons of the course are seasonal and therefore it makes sense to split the course, so Australians can meditate on the cold of winter in July, and North Americans in January.
The biggest change is, of course, this blog! First of all, it’s not really part of the website. If you read this, you’re actually on blogger, but I made my blogger page look as closely to The Hag’s Den as possible. It’s not very elegant, but in exchange we get all the amazing features of Blogger:
- You can now comment with your Facebook, Google, etc identity if you wish. If you prefer the old-fashioned style, you can simply put in your name and the URL of your website. Yes, that’s right – you’ll be able to put in YOUR website or blog, and you can bet I’ll go check them out and I hope others will, too. We’ll be even more of a tribe this way!
- You can reply to others’ comments, which will make communication so much easier for us all. It encourages conversation across the board. Go on, try it out! I’d love to hear what you think of the new comments system.
- I’ve added an archive: The “Archive 2012” link on the left actually leads to archives of everything posted from July 2012 to March 2013, INCLUDING COMMENTS. I have been blogging since 2007, and every time I moved my website I lost all previous blogs and comments. I thought it was time to change that, and although it took me a day and a half to copy everything, I’m so glad I did! It brought it home to me what amazing people read this blog and website, how much love and wisdom is being shared in the comments, and what a lucky hag I really am.
- You can still subscribe to the blog, and if you don’t, please update your bookmark to http://blog.thehagsden.com. Plus, there are all sorts of easy share features, like buttons to share to Twitter or Facebook, and even the option to email an entire blog post. I’m really happy with these features; they more than make up for the slightly clumsy look.
- I can make bullet-point lists!
In other news, there aren’t many – news, I mean. It’s a little boring to keep writing “I’m still working my backside off and creating like mad while trying to look after myself and not burn out.” But that’s the un-glamorous side of building up a sideline business: it’s just not always that exciting. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy and aglow every day, have been ever since I found my way back to the magic glow I wrote about in the last entry. It’s just that a lot of it happens on the inside. There aren’t any great new results just yet that I could shout out to the world.
Plugging away and doing the work can be very blissful though. I’m sure you know the feeling. In hindsight, these are often the periods in life we like to look back to the most, because of the contentment and stability they had. It’s a lot easier to handle for me than, for example, the impatience I felt two weeks ago! And incidentally, the moon is almost full and the time for abundance and nourishment is here. How very fitting, don’t you think?
Have a beautiful week!